It’s Time to Put Schools & Communities First. Vote Yes on Prop. 15.
Voting Yes on Prop. 15 to put Schools & Communities First will:
- Reclaim $12 billion per year for K-12 schools, community colleges and local communities
- Close commercial property tax loopholes that corporations and wealthy investors use to avoid paying their fair share of property taxes
- Protect all homeowners and renters by maintaining tax protections for ALL residential Property
- Ensure strict accountability so that money goes directly to our schools and communities
California has the 5th largest economy in the world but ranks 41st in per-pupil education funding and dead last in teacher to student ratio. This is WRONG. Learn more at cta.org/scf #WeAreCTATweet This
“As the head of California’s educational system, it is my top priority to champion policies which give our students more opportunities to succeed. That’s why I’m endorsing the Schools & Communities First initiative…if we’re serious about addressing the historic inequities within California’s educational system and delivering results for our students, we all need to step up and pass this initiative.”
– Tony Thurmond, California State Superintendent of Public Instruction endorses Schools & Communities First.
Every County Will Benefit From Schools & Communities First
Studies show that Schools and Communities First will benefit every.single.county in California. The full review by the USC Program for Environmental and Regional Equity (PERE) includes estimated revenue gains by county.