Recruiting New Members
CTA is here to help you introduce potential members to the union, as well as support and connect with new educators. This is especially challenging when we can’t meet face-to-face. Resources for Conducting A Virtual New Employee Orientation includes materials that enable you to effectively use the online space to recruit and engage potential members. Other Recruitment Resources provides additional documents, flyers, brochures, and toolkits for both in-person and online recruiting.
- Toolkit for Recruiting and Working with New Hires
in the COVID-19 Era
- Sample New Hire Online Orientation Agenda
- Online New Member Orientation presentation
- Zoom backgrounds: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Virtual recruitment walkthrough dialogue
- CTA/NEA Union video (2:29)
- CTA/NEA Union video (0:30)
- WeAreCTA Wonderful Job video (0:31)
- WeAreCTA Advocacy video (0:31)
- Best Practices for New Hire Orientation
- Advisory on Local Chapters New Hire Orientation Rights
It’s hard to know what to say to engage with members or to find the time to create new material. Use these resources as they are or as inspiration for new ideas and opportunities to provide support to current members. Create awareness at the school site or freshen up your emails using the Bulletin Board Toolkit. Help members understand their rights on the job with our Miniguide to Your Rights. CTA Member Benefits Engagement Resources and Social Justice Resources can assist you in your organizing efforts, with readymade posters, flyers, videos, and shareable resources.
Try as we might, sometimes educators cancel their memberships. Here are resources to try to prevent that outcome and persuade them to maintain their membership. Use these resources to arm you members against attacks from anti-union groups like the Freedom Foundation. These well-funded groups will spend untold amounts to spread misinformation and outright lies. You can expose the truth and encourage educators to remain members using these resources.