Over the past few years educators have been faced with both unprecedented challenges and exciting new opportunities. Whether it's fighting attacks against public education, standing up for social and educational equity, bargaining a local contract, or winning a school board campaign, strong organizing is the cornerstone of building union capacity and of any successful local chapter campaign.
The CTA Organizing Plan was developed to support local chapter organizing in three core areas: Strong Local Unions and Organized Sites, Community Organizing for Public Education, and CTA Structures: Data and Alignment of Resources.
The Organizing Plan offers resources that include training opportunities, worksite and chapter organizing checklists, and local planning worksheets to support chapter leaders as they build their organizing program. View individual resources or download the full toolkit using the button below.
Regular conversations with members are key to good organizing and regular site visits are the most effective way to accomplish this. The Plan offers tools and training opportunities to help leaders conduct successful site visits. View individual resources or download the full toolkit using the button below.
- Overview: Planning a Site Visit Program
- What Does a Site Visit Plan Look Like?
- Site Visit Checklist
- Site Visit Planning Worksheet ( PDF · Word )
- Sample Tracking Sheets ( PDF · Word )
- Site Visit Conversation Tracker ( PDF · Word )
- Sample Meeting Agenda & Talking Points
- Training for Site Visit Team
- Select Readings/Case Studies for Discussion
- Virtual Training: Save the Dates September 20 & October 13, 3:30-4:30 pm – Registration coming soon!
The Organizing Plan offers new grants to facilitate release time for strategic planning sessions, meeting expenses, and site visits. These new grant opportunities are in addition to already existing member engagement grant opportunities.
- Grant Guidelines
- Organizing Grant FAQs
- Online Grant Application
- Local Planning Grant Application (PDF)
- Local Site Visit Grant Application (PDF)
- Sample Release Time Letter
- Local Planning Grant Expense Reimbursement Form
- Site Visit Grant Expense Reimbursement Form
- Member Expense Guidelines
Online Grant Application
For Local Planning Grants & Local Site Visit Grants