Our Forms Center houses applications, reports, checklists, templates and forms to help you seek funding for your local elections via the CTA Association for Better Citizenship (CTA ABC), get reimbursed for Association-related expenses and more.
To join CTA, complete the online enrollment form here. You can also print the appropriate enrollment form below and send completed forms to Membership Department, CTA State Headquarters, P.O. Box 921, Burlingame, CA 94011-0921.
State Council Declaration of Candidacy Forms
- For State Council Representative and Alternate — Appendix G(a)
- For State Council Representative and/or Alternate — Appendix G(b)
State Council Representative Election Reporting Forms
State Council Alternate Election Reporting Forms
- Check Requisition Form – Sample
- Financial Report Required by PERB
- Sample Template Spreadsheet Required by PERB
- 2022 Member Expense Statement Form effective 1/1/2022 to 6/30/2022
- 2022 Member Expense Statement Form effective 7/1/2022 to 12/31/2022
- 2021 Member Expense Statement Form
- Member Expense Statement Attachment – How to Report a Missing Receipt
- School Board Event Report Form
STEP 2: Review the Funding Formula. PAC grants are based on the application type’s formula.
STEP 4: A campaign plan and the last two FPPC forms must be submitted with this application packet. If you don’t have a campaign plan, you can use the Optional Campaign Plan Template.
If you have funding from a local PAC and can demonstrate an extraordinary condition/situation, you may also submit an application for a Special Circumstances Grant or the Special Circumstance Grant for County Board of Education.
STEP 2: Review the Funding Formula. Direct grants are based on membership size of the local.
STEP 3: Complete and submit the appropriate application form below.
After you submit your application, GR will let you know if there are any inaccuracies or missing information. We must receive the correct or missing information before the meeting date for the application to be considered.
After the committee approved your application, they make the recommendation to the CTA Board of Directors. Once the Board approves, GR works to get the checks processed and sent out.
You have 100 days after the election to submit your evaluation form at the links below based on your application type. The evaluation form is required and could affect future funding if not submitted.
- Finding # of Registered Voters
- Contact your county elections office
- Campaign forms
- Campaign Finance Data
- Find # of chapter members: CTA 360
- CTA Governmental Relations: 916.325.1500
- CTA Controllers Office: 650.522.5220
- CTA/ABC CC
- CTA ABC County PAC
- CTA ABC Direct Candidate
- CTA ABC Issues
- CTA ABC K 12 Grant
- CTA ABC SCGs
- Always keep you CTA/ABC member, political organizer and board member in the loop.
- You need a physical address (not just a PO Box) for CTA to write a check.
- Make sure that you are using the correct form for bond/parcel taxes versus candidates.
- If the candidate is not accepting contributions to avoid filing a 460, you need to know.
- If a candidate is running unopposed, CTA/ABC cannot fund them.
- If there is a contribution limit, CTA/ABC cannot fund over that amount.
- For county office races, CTA procedures require that all locals within the county have an opportunity to weigh in on the recommendation of the candidate(s).
- New local PAC’s must provide a statement of organization to be considered for funding.
- Local PAC’s must be formed either as a county or city PAC (not state).
- Local PAC’s cannot make direct contributions with CTA/ABC PAC funds to other CTA affiliated PACs, candidates, central committees, or labor councils.