The Treasurer’s duties include the fiduciary responsibility to insure that proper internal controls are in place. Internal controls refer to a system of financial checks and balances designed to provide accurate data and protect the financial resources of an organization.
You are responsible for the receipt and disbursement of all funds for your affiliate. Duties include the financial management and accurate accounting of all funds, including dues, fees, rents and payroll, if applicable. You will also collect membership dues, maintain records on all Local/CTA/NEA members, verify dues status and categories, and, if applicable, forward CTA and NEA dues and fees to the CTA Membership Accounting Department in a timely manner.
Treasurer’s Handbook 2022-2023
PERB Report and Tax Information Returns
- Financial Report Required by PERB
- Sample PERB Reports
- 2021 IRS and FTB Forms Memo – due 1/15/22
- CTA Group Exemption List
Member Expense Reimbursement
- IRS Auto Mileage Change Information
- IRS Auto Mileage Change Information effective 7/1/2022
- 2023 Member Expense Statement Form effective 1/1/2023
Member Engagement Grants
- Member Engagement Grant Project Guidelines
- Member Engagement Grant Application Form
- Member Engagement Grant Narrative Summary Form
Treasurer’s Sample Policies
Local Treasurer Training
- Treasurer’s Training Schedule
- 2021-22 Recorded Sessions (1.5 hours per session):
- Password to recording links: Treasurers2021
- Session 1: New Treasurers – Where do I Start?
- Session 2: Best Practices, Budgeting & Financial Reporting
- Session 3: PERB, IRS, and Other Regulatory Requirements