Support AB 1752: Pay Parity for Part-Time Faculty at Community Colleges
Use this form to support AB 1752 (Santiago), which would ensure part-time faculty are being compensated for work they are required to do in and out of the classroom across California Community Colleges (CCC).
While many campuses still report that part-time faculty comprise nearly 60% of the workforce, the Chancellor’s office reports that part-time faculty comprise 40% of the workforce statewide. Clearly, CCC administrators are exploiting part-time faculty on their campuses as a cost-savings measure. This is NOT acceptable.
This exploitation is unacceptable and must be addressed now! The lack of pay parity harms our part-time faculty and our institutions, and it has a particularly negative impact on our students.
AB 1752 will require CCC districts to pay part-time faculty at least at the same ratio to the full-time faculty for comparable duties.
AB 1752 will stop the exploitation of part-time faculty in California Community Colleges.
Contact Your Member in the Assembly Higher Education Committee
Jose Medina (Chair)
Steve S. Choi, Ph.D. (Vice Chair)
Dr. Joaquin Arambula