Passionate and Powerful Voices
CTA’s top policy-making body is the State Council of Education. Meeting four times a year, the council’s nearly 800 delegates elect the three state-level CTA officers and the CTA Board of Directors. Council also sets forth CTA policy, develops legislation, and makes recommendations in general elections.
What are the duties of a State Council delegate?
State Council delegates regularly attend all four meetings of the State Council of Education, participate actively in the work of committees to which they are assigned, become informed on professional and educational matters in the chapter(s) represented and be prepared to make appropriate presentation of recommendations originating in the chapter(s).
Delegates report regularly to their chapter(s) regarding the deliberations and actions of the State Council of Education and attend and participate in the meetings and activities of the Service Center Council of which their chapter is a part.
CTA’s Organizational Handbook
The CTA Organizational Handbook is an accurate record of all policy binding upon the governance structure of CTA adopted by the State Council of Education. It is used by the Board of Directors, officers, staff (including legislative advocates), liaisons and other bodies of the Association for reference in reflecting the policies of CTA. The main sections of the Organizational Handbook include CTA’s Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws, Standing Rules, Policies and Procedures.
Past State Council Meetings
View documents and videos from past State Council meetings.
- Full Report Book
- Individual Reports
- CTA Budget Committee
- CTA Social Orientation Gender Identity Issues Affairs Committee
- Civil Rights in Education (Cre) Committee
- Communications Committee
- Credentials and Professional Development Committee
- Curriculum and Instruction Committee
- Retirement Committee
- Adult, Alternative, and Career Technical Education
- Financing Public Education Committee
- Assessment and Testing Committee
- Student Support Services Committee
- Negotiations Committee
- Special Education Committee
- Language Acquisition Committee
- Political Involvement Committee
- Teacher Evaluation and Academic Freedom Committee
- Early Childhood Education Committee
- School Safety/School Management Committee
- Professional Rights and Responsibilities Committee
- Liaison Committee
- State Legislation Committee