The CTA 2023-2024 University Credit Program is a benefit to members attending CTA Conferences during the 2023-2024 school year. CTA Members, through attending in-person or watching CTA Virtual Pass sessions, will be given the opportunity to accumulate the professional growth hours needed to qualify for university credit units with CSU, Chico. As a benefit to members, CTA will cover the cost for up to SIX of the (9) university credit units available. The professional growth hours can be accumulated by attending conferences live and/or by watching recordings.
- Check with your district HR office or local chapter president to ensure that university credit units can help you advance on your salary schedule.
- Register for and attend in-person CTA conferences or watch recordings on the CTA Virtual Pass. Each district has different rules. Some of them accept the certificates of Professional Growth Hours provided by CTA, while others require University Credits. For more information about your specific case, please contact your district’s human resource department, or reach out to your local chapter’s leadership.
- For your records, download your CTA Professional Growth Hours certificates issued to you at the conclusion of each conference or session watched on Virtual Pass.
- Once you have accumulated 15 hours or more, apply for the university credit units on the CSU, Chico continuing education website. See below for details regarding the deadlines to apply. Each 15 hours earns you 1 unit at CSU, Chico. You will need to submit a separate application for each unit you are claiming. For example, if you are claiming (6) units, you will need to submit an application on the CSU Chico website (6) separate times before the deadline. The deadline to apply for units for the 2024 Spring semester is May 10, 2024
- Once you receive your email confirmation from CSU Chico, you will be able to order your transcripts. After you receive your transcript in the mail, submit it to your district.
New Virtual Pass Login Procedure
The CTA Virtual Pass now uses the same login as the www.CTA.org Members-only area.
To access your Virtual Pass account, you will need to create a new account on the CTA website. Your previous Virtual Pass login will no longer access your account.
If you already have a members-only account on www.CTA.org, use that same account to access your Virtual Pass account.
Again, your original Virtual Pass login will no longer give you access to the Virtual Pass to Online Learning Platform. We have streamlined our account access into a single sign on that gives you access to the CTA.org Members-only site as well as the Members-only area on www.CTAMB.org so you can access all your member benefits, resources and Virtual Pass courses using one account.
For a quick tutorial on creating your new CTA.org Members-only account, click here.
If you are not currently a CTA member, click here to join.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many credit units can I obtain? Will they all be covered by CTA?
There are NINE university credit units available as part of the 2023-2024 CTA University Credit Program. Only SIX will be paid for by CTA. If you have already taken units in the previous semester with us, you are still eligible to obtain these units for the 2023-2024 season. You will need to pay for the 3 additional units if you decide to claim more than 6.
Please enroll on the CSU, Chico website every time you have accumulated enough hours for one unit (so at the 15 hours, 30 hours, 45 hours, etc. thresholds of total hours accumulated).
The 2023-2024 University Credit Program will span for 3 semesters: 2023 Fall Semester, 2023-2024 Winter Semester, and the 2024 Spring Semester. You can earn a total of (9) University Credits throughout the 3 semesters.
Semester Start and End Dates:
- Fall 2023: September 1st, 2023 – December 7th, 2023
- Winter 2023-2024: December 8th, 2023 – January 16th, 2024
- Spring 2024: February 5th, 2024 – May 10th, 2024
Only Professional Growth hours earned from September 1st, 2023 – May 10th, 2024 are qualified for University Credit for the 2023-2024 Program. You can choose to claim all 9 available credits in one semester or spread them out throughout the 3 terms.
When is the deadline to apply?
To obtain units in the Fall 2023 semester, you must accumulate the necessary hours and enroll on the CSU, Chico website before December 7th, 2023. Transcripts will become available by December 31st, 2023 (transcripts will start arriving in your mailboxes two weeks after that date).
To obtain units in the Winter 2023-2024 semester, you must accumulate the necessary hours and enroll on the CSU, Chico website before January 16th, 2024. Transcripts will become available by January 31st, 2024 (transcripts will start arriving in your mailboxes two weeks after that date).
To obtain units in the Spring 2024 semester, you must accumulate the necessary hours and enroll on the CSU, Chico website before May 10th, 2024. Transcripts will become available by May 31st, 2024 (transcripts will start arriving in your mailboxes two weeks after that date).
You will need to submit a separate application for each unit you are claiming. For example, if you are claiming (6) units, you will need to submit an application on the CSU Chico website (6) separate times before the deadline.
There will be no late submissions accepted.
Can I re-watch courses I have already completed for credit?
You cannot watch the same course multiple times for university credit so those hours from re-watching the course will not show up in your hour balance. You can rewatch courses for your own pleasure, but they will not be counted towards the current semester for university credit.
As you are browsing the catalog for courses to watch, there will be a green check mark next to the title of the course after clicking on “Register Now” or “Add to Basket”. This green check mark indicates that you have already completed and submitted the course previously. You will need to find courses that you have not yet completed previously so that the hours will be counted towards 2023-2024 credit.
Do I need university credits to advance on the salary scale?
Each district has different rules. Some of them accept the certificates of Professional Growth Hours provided by CTA, while others require University Credits. For more information about your specific case, please contact your district’s human resource department, or reach out to your local chapter’s leadership.
Which in-person conferences qualify for the CTA 2023-2024 University Credit Program?
Below are the in-person CTA conferences that qualify for the Summer University Credit Program:
- 2023 Region I Leadership Conference | September 8-10 – Hyatt Regency SFO
- 2023 Region 2 Leadership Conference | September 22-24 – Grand Sierra Resort Reno, NV
- 2023 Region 3 Leadership Conference | September 29 – October 1 – Westin Bonaventure, Los Angeles
- 2023 San Diego & Imperial SCC Fall Leadership Conference | September 29 – October 1 – Renaissance Palm Springs
- 2023 Special Education Conference | October 6-8 – Hyatt Regency, Orange County
- 2023 CCA Fall Conference | October 13-15 – Hyatt Regency SFO
- 2023 LGBTQ+ Issues Conference | October 27-29 – Margaritaville Palm Springs
- 2023 New Educator Weekend North | November 3-5 – Santa Clara Marriott
- 2023 High Desert SCC Fall Leadership Conference | November 17-19 – Margaritaville Resort Palm Springs
- 2023 Solidarity Conference | December 8-10 – Westin Bonaventure, Los Angeles
- 2023 Issues Conference | January 12-14, 2024
- 2024 Good Teaching Conference North | February 2-4, 2024
- 2024 CCA Winter Conference | February 2-4, 2024
- 2023 New Educator Weekend South | February 23-25, 2024 – Hilton Orange County/Costa Mesa
- 2024 Equity & Human Rights Conference | March 1-3, 2024
- 2024 Region IV Conference | March 8-10, 2024
- 2024 Good Teaching Conference South | March 22-24, 2024
- 2024 CCA Spring Conference | April 26-28, 2024
Do my hours roll over to another University Credit?
Yes. Any hours over 15 or over 30 will apply to the next university credit unit, as long as those hours were accumulated from qualifying content for the current semester.
All Professional Growth hours earned from September 1st, 2023 – May 10th, 2024 are qualified for University Credit for the 2023-2024 Program. You can choose to claim all 9 available credits in one semester or spread them out throughout the 3 terms.
Hours earned during the 2023-2024 Program that are not used towards university credit after May 10th, 2024 will not carry over to the 2024 Summer Program.
Hours earned during previous semesters of the program cannot be carried over to the current 2023-2024 Program.
Where can I access the content?
You can learn more and register for conferences on our main conference page. Attending in-person conferences will grant you the maximum number of hours available at the conference. One to two weeks after the end of a conference, its session recordings will be made available on the CTA Virtual Pass, allowing you to stream on-demand conferences you did not attend live. The full catalog of qualified recorded sessions for the 2023-2024 Program can be viewed on CTA Virtual Pass.
How do I check my Virtual Pass Hour Balance?
Your credit hour summary can be found in the CTA Virtual Pass Dashboard where you choose the session you would like to watch. The second tab on the top labeled “Credit Hours” is the tab where you find your credit hour summary. If you have participated in previous CTA university credit semesters, your hours will be split up between the different semesters. Only hours labeled “2023-2024 University Credit Program” in your hour balance and completed between September 1st, 2023 – May 10th, 2024 are qualified for the current program.
How do I gather my Professional Growth Hours certificates?
The certificates are not needed to enroll on the CSU, Chico website but are useful to keep track of how many hours you have accumulated. Some districts accept these certificates instead of the University Credit from CSU Chico. For more information about your specific case, please contact your district’s human resource department, or reach out to your local chapter’s leadership.
For in-person conferences, participants will receive an email when the conference ends which will contain the link to download the CTA Professional Growth Hours certificate. Participants will be awarded the maximum number of hours available at the conference.
After two weeks, session recordings will become available on the CTA Virtual Pass. The certificate of attendance for each session you complete is downloadable “Credit Hours” tab from the CTA Virtual Pass classroom. The certificate button only becomes active once members watch the full session.
I need the course details for pre-approval, what are they?
The course title and number for the 2023 Winter University Credit Program are as follows: You can obtain a maximum of NINE units total for the 2023-2024 Program. CTA will cover the cost for the first six units. Each additional unit will be $75 each. Course codes will be updated for the Spring Semester.
- Title: 2024 CTA Spring 1st Unit, Course number: EDTE 883
- Title: 2024 CTA Spring 2nd Unit, Course number: EDTE 884
- Title: 2024 CTA Spring 3rd Unit, Course number: EDTE 885
- Title: 2024 CTA Spring 4th Unit, Course number: EDTE 886
- Title: 2024 CTA Spring 5th Unit, Course number: EDTE 887
- Title: 2024 CTA Spring 6th Unit, Course number: EDTE 888
- Title: 2024 CTA Spring 7th Unit (Member Paid), Course number: EDTE 889
- Title: 2024 CTA Spring 8th Unit (Member Paid), Course number: EDTE 890
- Title: 2024 CTA Spring 9th Unit (Member Paid), Course number: EDTE 891
EDTE stands for: Education – Teacher Education
The deadline to request units for these courses is May 10, 2024. No late submissions will be accepted.
CSU, Chico is asking me for my vaccination status in order to enroll and receive credit from my units, what do I do?
CTA students are exempt from Chico State’s immunization requirements but still must self certify each semester that you will not be physically accessing campus facilities. Failure to complete the self-certification process will result in a withdrawal from classes and loss of units. Your enrollment confirmation will contain instructions on how to self certify.
Can I submit a late request?
No, there will be no catch-up or late submissions possible for the 2023-2024 University Credit Program after the program deadline of May 10th, 2024. Deadlines must be met before the end of each semester in order to receive credit for that specific term.
How do I request a transcript?
Once your application has been processed and you are enrolled with CSU, Chico, you will receive an email confirmation. The enrollment information in that email allows you to log into the CSU, Chico student portal, from where you can request an official transcript for $8. No digital transcripts will be available to download.
More information on all the ways to request a transcript is available online on the CSU, Chico website. For questions regarding other services offered by Student Records and Registration please visit www.csuchico.edu/sro or call (530) 898-6105.
When will my credit unit(s) be posted to my transcript?
Credit unit(s) will be posted to transcripts at the conclusion of each CSU, Chico semester:
- The estimated date that Spring transcripts will be available is May 31, 2024.
The standard processing for transcripts can take up to 14 business days and rush processing can take up to 5 business days.
Why do my units show as attempted but not earned on my transcript?
CSU, Chico EDTE courses numbered 800-899 are designated as part of a Professional Advancement program and cannot be used towards a degree unless approved by the appropriate department. Successful completion of an 800-level course will appear on the transcript with a CR grade and a value in the attempted field that may not be reflected in the earned field or the summary totals. Any student satisfactorily completing an 800-level course will receive a CR as a grade and this will appear on the transcript to indicate that the units and credit have been earned.
Upon ordering your transcript, you will receive a letter from the CSU, Chico Registrar’s office explaining how to read the transcript. Participants can forward that letter to their district as needed.
Where do I find my CTA Member ID?
You will need your CTA membership ID number to complete the application with CSU, Chico. Your membership number is on your CTA member card that you received via mail. Your CTA number is also on your educator magazine address label and will be included on the Professional Growth Hours certificates you will download after attending a conference.
I enrolled with CSU, Chico and received an email about LastPass Premium, what is that about?
All CSU, Chico students have the option to use LastPass Premium to protect their passwords. This is not required to obtain your transcript, you can ignore this automatic email from firstname.lastname@example.org, Chico’s IT department.
I’m looking for information on past programs, where can I find it?
For the Season Pass which took place over Winter and Spring 2020-2021, please visit our archived information page.
For the 2021 Summer Pass, which took place over Summer 2021, please visit our archived information page.
For the 2021-2022 Spring Session, which took place from September 2021 – May 2022, please visit our archived information page.
For the 2022 Summer Pass, which took place over Summer 2022, please visit our archived information page.
For the 2022-2023 University Credit Program, which took place from Fall 2022 – Spring 2023, please visit our archived information page.
For the 2023 Summer Pass, which took place over Summer 2023, please visit our archived information page.
For more information and to register for University Credit, visit the CSU, Chico continuing education website. For additional questions, contact us at VirtualPass@CTA.org