Click here to get the latest info on the 2022-2023 University Credit Program
The CTA 2022 Summer Pass to Online Learning and University Credit is a benefit to members attending CTA Conferences during the summer conference season. CTA Members, through attending in-person or watching CTA Virtual Pass sessions, will be given the opportunity to accumulate the professional growth hours needed to qualify for university credit units with CSU, Chico. As a benefit to members, CTA will cover the $75/unit cost for up to six university credit units available. The professional growth hours can be accumulated by attending conferences live and/or by watching recordings.
- Check with your district HR office or local chapter president to ensure that university credit units can help you advance on your salary schedule.
- Register for and attend in-person CTA conferences or watch recordings on the CTA Virtual Pass. Only recorded sessions labeled “Qualified for 2022 Summer Pass” will be qualified for University Credit this semester. All other recordings can only be watched for Total Continuing Education Units (CEU) hours which earn you certificates that state you completed professional growth hours. Each district has different rules. Some of them accept the certificates of Professional Growth Hours provided by CTA, while others require University Credits. For more information about your specific case, please contact your district’s human resource department, or reach out to your local chapter’s leadership.
- For your records, download your CTA Professional Growth Hours certificates issued to you at the conclusion of each conference or session watched on Virtual Pass.
- Once you have accumulated 15 hours or more, apply for the university credit units on the CSU, Chico continuing education website. See below for details regarding the deadlines to apply. Each 15 hours earns you 1 unit at CSU, Chico. NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER AUGUST 10, 2022
- Once your request is processed you will receive an enrollment email with your CSU, Chico portal information.
- Log into the CSU, Chico portal to see which course(s) you are enrolled in and request a transcript. Don’t forget to select the setting “Send my transcript once grades are posted”.
- Printing and mailing of the transcripts will take one to two weeks after grades are posted.
- Once received, submit your transcript to your district.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many credit units can I obtain? Will they all be covered by CTA?
There are SIX university credit units available as part of the 2022 CTA Summer Pass Program. All six will be paid for by CTA. If you have already taken units in the previous Spring semester, you are still eligible to obtain these 6 units for the summer season. There will be no additional 3 self-paid units offered for the summer season. You can obtain all 6 units in this summer semester, or depending on your availability, accumulate the 15 hours/unit during a future upcoming semester with CSU, Chico. Please enroll on the CSU, Chico website every time you have accumulated enough hours for one unit (so at the 15 hours, 30 hours, 45 hours, etc. thresholds of total hours accumulated). Hours accumulated during the summer session and not used to towards units at CSU, Chico will not rollover to the next semester.
When is the deadline to apply?
To obtain units in the Summer 2022, you must accumulate the necessary hours and enroll on the CSU, Chico website before August 10, 2022. Transcripts will become available by September 15th, 2022 (transcripts will start arriving in your mailboxes two weeks after that date).
There will be no late submissions possible.
Do I need university credits to advance on the salary scale?
Each district has different rules. Some of them accept the certificates of Professional Growth Hours provided by CTA, while others require University Credits. For more information about your specific case, please contact your district’s human resource department, or reach out to your local chapter’s leadership.
Which in-person conferences qualify for the CTA 2022 Summer Pass Program?
Below are the in-person CTA conferences that qualify for the Summer University Credit Program:
- 2022 CTA Presidents Conference | July 14-17 – Hyatt Regency SFO
- 2022 CTA Summer Institute | July 24-28 – UCLA
Which sessions qualify for Professional Growth Hours?
|Type of Content
|Attendee Hub Live
|Virtual Pass Recording
|Chico Info Session
Do my hours roll over to another University Credit?
Yes. Any hours over 15 or over 30 will apply to the next university credit unit, as long as those hours were accumulated from qualifying content for the current semester.
Hours earned during a semester that are not used towards university credit will not carry over to the next semester.
Where can I access the content?
You can learn more and register for conferences on our main conference page. Attending in-person conferences will grant you the maximum number of hours available at the conference. One to two weeks after the end of a conference, its session recordings will be made available on the CTA Virtual Pass, allowing you to stream on-demand conferences you did not attend live. The full catalog of qualified recorded sessions for the 2022 Summer Pass can be viewed on CTA Virtual Pass.
Please note: ONLY Virtual Pass sessions labeled “Qualified for 2022 Summer Pass” are qualified for the 2022 CTA Summer University Credit Program with CSU Chico.
How do I check my Virtual Pass Hour Balance?
Your credit hour summary can be found in the CTA Virtual Pass Dashboard where you choose the session you would like to watch. The second tab on the top labeled “Credit Hours” is the tab where you find your credit hour summary. Your hours will be split up between 2022 Summer Pass, Total CEU Hours, and Total Virtual Pass Hours. Only the hours labeled “2022 Summer Pass” will be the hours qualified for University Credit through CSU Chico for this semester.
How do I gather my Professional Growth Hours certificates?
The certificates are not needed to enroll on the CSU, Chico website but are useful to keep track of how many hours you have accumulated. Some districts accept these certificates instead of the University Credit from CSU Chico. For more information about your specific case, please contact your district’s human resource department, or reach out to your local chapter’s leadership.
For in-person conferences, participants will receive an email when the conference ends which will contain the link to download the CTA Professional Growth Hours certificate. Participants will be awarded the maximum number of hours available at the conference.
After two weeks, session recordings will become available on the CTA Virtual Pass. The certificate of attendance for each session you complete is downloadable by clicking the “Submit Credit” button in the “Credit” tab from the CTA Virtual Pass system. The button only becomes active once members watch the full session.
I need the course details for pre-approval, what are they?
The course title and number for the 2022 Summer University Credit Program are as follows: You can obtain a maximum of six units total for Summer 2022, no more. CTA will cover the cost for those six units.
- 2022 Presidents Conference New Presidents for 2 Units (In-person attendance), Course number: EDTE 821
- 2022 Presidents Conference Returning Presidents for 1 Unit (In-person attendance), Course number: EDTE 822
- 2022 Summer Institute for 3 Units (In-person attendance): EDTE 823
- Title: 2022 CTA Summer Virtual Pass 1st Unit, Course number: EDTE 824
- Title: 2022 CTA Summer Virtual Pass 2nd Unit, Course number: EDTE 825
- Title: 2022 CTA Summer Virtual Pass 3rd Unit, Course number: EDTE 826
- Title: 2022 CTA Summer Virtual Pass 4th Unit, Course number: EDTE 827
- Title: 2022 CTA Summer Virtual Pass 5th Unit, Course number: EDTE 828
- Title: 2022 CTA Summer Virtual Pass 6th Unit, Course number: EDTE 829
EDTE stands for: Education – Teacher Education
The deadline to apply for these courses is August 10th, 2022. No late submissions will be accepted.
CSU, Chico is asking me for my vaccination status in order to enroll and receive credit from my units, what do I do?
CTA students are exempt from Chico State’s immunization requirements but still must self certify each semester that you will not be physically accessing campus facilities. Failure to complete the self-certification process will result in a withdrawal from classes and loss of units. Your enrollment confirmation will contain instructions on how to self certify.
Can I submit a late request?
No, there will be no catch-up or late submissions possible for the CTA 2022 University Credit Program after the August 10, 2022 deadline.
How do I request a transcript?
Once your application has been processed and you are enrolled with CSU, Chico, you will receive an email confirmation. The enrollment information in that email allows you to log into the CSU, Chico student portal, from where you can request an official transcript for $8. No digital transcripts will be available to download.
More information on all the ways to request a transcript is available online on the CSU, Chico website. For questions regarding other services offered by Student Records and Registration please visit www.csuchico.edu/sro or call (530) 898-5142.
When will my credit unit(s) be posted to my transcript?
Credit unit(s) will be posted to transcripts at the conclusion of each CSU, Chico semester:
- The estimated date that transcripts will be available is September 15th, 2022.
The standard processing for transcripts can take up to 14 business days and rush processing can take up to 5 business days.
Why do my units show as attempted but not earned on my transcript?
CSU, Chico EDTE courses numbered 800-899 are designated as part of a Professional Advancement program and cannot be used towards a degree unless approved by the appropriate department. Successful completion of an 800-level course will appear on the transcript with a CR grade and a value in the attempted field that may not be reflected in the earned field or the summary totals. Any student satisfactorily completing an 800-level course will receive a CR as a grade and this will appear on the transcript to indicate that the units and credit have been earned.
Upon ordering your transcript, you will receive a letter from the CSU, Chico Registrar’s office explaining how to read the transcript. Participants can forward that letter to their district as needed.
Where do I find my CTA Member ID?
You will need your CTA membership ID number to complete the application with CSU, Chico. Your membership number is on your CTA member card that you received via mail. Your CTA number is also on your educator magazine address label and will be included on the Professional Growth Hours certificates you will download after attending a conference.
I enrolled with CSU, Chico and received an email about LastPass Premium, what is that about?
All CSU, Chico students have the option to use LastPass Premium to protect their passwords. This is not required to obtain your transcript, you can ignore this automatic email from firstname.lastname@example.org, Chico’s IT department.
I’m looking for information on past programs, where can I find it?
For the Season Pass which took place over Winter and Spring 2020-2021, please visit our archived information page.
For the 2021 Summer Pass, which took place over Summer 2021, please visit our archived information page.
For the 2021-2022 Spring Session, which took place from September 2021 – May 2022, please visit our archived information page.