The CTA 2022-2023 University Credit Program is a benefit to members attending CTA Conferences during the 2022-2023 school year. CTA Members, through attending in-person or watching CTA Virtual Pass sessions, will be given the opportunity to accumulate the professional growth hours needed to qualify for university credit units with CSU, Chico. As a benefit to members, CTA will cover the $75/unit cost for up to SIX of the (9) university credit units available. The professional growth hours can be accumulated by attending conferences live and/or by watching recordings.
- Check with your district HR office or local chapter president to ensure that university credit units can help you advance on your salary schedule.
- Register for and attend in-person CTA conferences or watch recordings on the CTA Virtual Pass. Only recorded sessions labeled “Qualified for 22-23 University Credit Program” will be qualified for University Credit this term. All other recordings can only be watched for Total Continuing Education Units (CEU) hours which earn you certificates that state you completed professional growth hours. Each district has different rules. Some of them accept the certificates of Professional Growth Hours provided by CTA, while others require University Credits. For more information about your specific case, please contact your district’s human resource department, or reach out to your local chapter’s leadership.
- For your records, download your CTA Professional Growth Hours certificates issued to you at the conclusion of each conference or session watched on Virtual Pass.
- Once you have accumulated 15 hours or more, apply for the university credit units on the CSU, Chico continuing education website. See below for details regarding the deadlines to apply. Each 15 hours earns you 1 unit at CSU, Chico.
- Once you receive your email confirmation from CSU Chico, you will be able to order your transcripts. After you receive your transcript in the mail, submit it to your district.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many credit units can I obtain? Will they all be covered by CTA?
There are NINE university credit units available as part of the 2022-2023 University Credit Program. Only SIX will be paid for by CTA. If you have already taken units in the previous Summer semester, or any other semester, you are still eligible to obtain 6 free units during the 2022-2023 University Credit Program. You will need to pay for the 3 additional units if you decide to claim more than 6. Please enroll on the CSU, Chico website every time you have accumulated enough hours for one unit (so at the 15 hours, 30 hours, 45 hours, etc. thresholds of total hours accumulated).
The 2022-2023 University Credit Program will span for 3 semesters: 2022 Fall Semester, 2022-2023 Winter Semester, and the 2023 Spring Semester. You can earn up to (9) University Credits throughout the 3 semesters.
Semester Start and End Dates:
- Fall 2022: September 1st, 2022 – December 1st, 2022
- Winter 2022-2023: December 2nd, 2022 – January 20th, 2023
- Spring 2023: February 3rd, 2023 – May 9th, 2023
When is the deadline to apply?
To obtain units in the Fall 2022 semester, you must accumulate the necessary hours and enroll on the CSU, Chico website before December 1st, 2022. Transcripts will become available by December 31st, 2022 (transcripts will start arriving in your mailboxes two weeks after that date).
To obtain units in the Winter 2023 semester, you must accumulate the necessary hours and enroll on the CSU, Chico website before January 20th, 2023. Transcripts will become available by January 31st, 2023 (transcripts will start arriving in your mailboxes two weeks after that date).
To obtain units in the Spring 2023 semester, you must accumulate the necessary hours and enroll on the CSU, Chico website before May 9th, 2023. Transcripts will become available by May 31st, 2023 (transcripts will start arriving in your mailboxes two weeks after that date).
There will be no late submissions possible.
Do I need university credits to advance on the salary scale?
Each district has different rules. Some of them accept the certificates of Professional Growth Hours provided by CTA, while others require University Credits. For more information about your specific case, please contact your district’s human resource department, or reach out to your local chapter’s leadership.
Which in-person conferences qualify for the CTA 2022 – 2023 University Credit Program?
Below are the in-person CTA conferences that qualify for the 22-23 University University Credit Program:
- Issues Conference | January 13-15 – Tropicana, Las Vegas NV
- Good Teaching Conference (North) | February 3-5 – Hyatt Regency SFO
- Good Teaching Conference (South) | March 3-5 – TBD
- 2023 New Educator Weekend – North | March 10-12, 2023 – Santa Clara Marriott
- CTA/NEA Retired Conference | March 16-17 – Santa Clara
- Equity & Human Rights Conference | March 17-19 – Santa Clara
- More TBA…
Do my hours roll over to another University Credit?
Yes. Any hours over 15 or over 30 will apply to the next university credit unit, as long as those hours were accumulated from qualifying content for the current 22-23 University Credit Program. You can apply the hours you earn to any of the 3 upcoming semesters with CSU Chico.
Where can I access the content?
You can learn more and register for conferences on our main conference page. Attending in-person conferences will grant you the maximum number of hours available at the conference. One to two weeks after the end of a conference, its session recordings will be made available on the CTA Virtual Pass, allowing you to stream on-demand conferences you did not attend live. The full catalog of qualified recorded sessions qualified for the 2022-2023 University Credit Program can be viewed on CTA Virtual Pass.
Please note: ONLY Virtual Pass sessions labeled “Qualified for 2022-2023 University Credit Program” are qualified for the 2022 Fall, 2022-2023 Winter and 2023 Spring Semesters with CSU Chico.
How do I check my Virtual Pass Hour Balance?
Your credit hour summary can be found in the CTA Virtual Pass Dashboard where you choose the session you would like to watch. The second tab on the top labeled “Credit Hours” is the tab where you find your credit hour summary. Your hours will be split up between 2022-2023 University Credit Program, 2022 Summer Pass, Total CEU Hours, and Total Virtual Pass Hours. Only the hours labeled “2022-2023 University Credit Program” will be the hours qualified for University Credit through CSU Chico for this semester.
How do I gather my Professional Growth Hours certificates?
The certificates are not needed to enroll on the CSU, Chico website but are useful to keep track of how many hours you have accumulated. Some districts accept these certificates instead of the University Credit from CSU Chico. For more information about your specific case, please contact your district’s human resource department, or reach out to your local chapter’s leadership.
For in-person conferences, participants will receive an email when the conference ends which will contain the link to download the CTA Professional Growth Hours certificate. Participants will be awarded the maximum number of hours available at the conference.
After two weeks, session recordings will become available on the CTA Virtual Pass. The certificate of attendance for each session you complete is downloadable by clicking the “Submit Credit” button in the “Credit” tab from the CTA Virtual Pass system. The button only becomes active once members watch the full session.
I need the course details for pre-approval, what are they?
The course title and number for the 2022-2023 University Credit Program are as follows: You can obtain a maximum of nine units total for 2022-2023 University Credit Program. CTA will cover the cost for the first six units, and members have the option to pay for up to three additional units.
- Title: CTA Winter 2023 In-Person/Virtual Pass 1st Unit: EDTE 841
- Title: CTA Winter 2023 In-Person/Virtual Pass 2nd Unit: EDTE 842
- Title: CTA Winter 2023 In-Person/Virtual Pass 3rd Unit: EDTE 843
- Title: CTA Winter 2023 In-Person/Virtual Pass 4th Unit: EDTE 844
- Title: CTA Winter 2023 In-Person/Virtual Pass 5th Unit: EDTE 845
- Title: CTA Winter 2023 In-Person/Virtual Pass 6th Unit: EDTE 846
- Title: CTA Winter 2023 In-Person/Virtual Pass 7th Unit (Member Paid): EDTE 847
- Title: CTA Winter 2023 In-Person/Virtual Pass 8th Unit (Member Paid): EDTE 848
- Title: CTA Winter 2023 In-Person/Virtual Pass 9th Unit (Member Paid): EDTE 849
EDTE stands for: Education – Teacher Education
CSU, Chico is asking me for my vaccination status in order to enroll and receive credit from my units, what do I do?
CTA students are exempt from Chico State’s immunization requirements but still must self certify each semester that you will not be physically accessing campus facilities. Failure to complete the self-certification process will result in a withdrawal from classes and loss of units. Your enrollment confirmation will contain instructions on how to self certify. You can download the Immunization Certification form here.
Can I submit a late request?
No, there will be no catch-up or late submissions possible for the CTA 2022-2023 University Credit Program after the deadline.
How do I request a transcript?
Once your application has been processed and you are enrolled with CSU, Chico, you will receive an email confirmation. The enrollment information in that email allows you to log into the CSU, Chico student portal, from where you can request an official transcript for $8. You can also request a transcript online on the CSU Chico transcript website. No official digital transcripts will be available to download.
More information on all the ways to request a transcript is available online on the CSU, Chico website. For questions regarding other services offered by Student Records and Registration please visit www.csuchico.edu/sro or call (530) 898-5142.
When will my credit unit(s) be posted to my transcript?
Credit unit(s) will be posted to transcripts at the conclusion of each CSU, Chico semester:
- The estimated date that transcripts will be available for the 2022 Fall Semester will be after December 31st, 2022.
The standard processing for transcripts can take up to 14 business days and rush processing can take up to 5 business days.
Why do my units show as attempted but not earned on my transcript?
CSU, Chico EDTE courses numbered 800-899 are designated as part of a Professional Advancement program and cannot be used towards a degree unless approved by the appropriate department. Successful completion of an 800-level course will appear on the transcript with a CR grade and a value in the attempted field that may not be reflected in the earned field or the summary totals. Any student satisfactorily completing an 800-level course will receive a CR as a grade and this will appear on the transcript to indicate that the units and credit have been earned.
Upon ordering your transcript, you will receive a letter from the CSU, Chico Registrar’s office explaining how to read the transcript. Participants can forward that letter to their district as needed.
Where do I find my CTA Member ID?
You will need your CTA membership ID number to complete the application with CSU, Chico. Your membership number is on your CTA member card that you received via mail and email from CTA, you can download your digital CTA membership by logging into the CTA website at the top of this page as well. Your CTA number is also on your Educator magazine address label and will be included on the Professional Growth Hours certificates you will download after attending a conference.
I enrolled with CSU, Chico and received an email about LastPass Premium, what is that about?
All CSU, Chico students have the option to use LastPass Premium to protect their passwords. This is not required to obtain your transcript, you can ignore this automatic email from firstname.lastname@example.org, Chico’s IT department.
I’m looking for information on past programs, where can I find it?
For the Season Pass which took place over Winter and Spring 2020-2021, please visit our archived information page.
For the 2021 Summer Pass, which took place over Summer 2021, please visit our archived information page.
For the 2021-2022 Spring Session, which took place from September 2021 – May 2022, please visit our archived information page.
For the 2022 Summer Pass Session, which took place from June 2022- August 2022, please visit our archived information page.