*January 11, 2022 Update*
The CTA board voted to transition the upcoming 2022 CTA Good Teaching Conference – North scheduled for January 28-30 to a virtual format. We are working out the details for the virtual conference, and plan to hold the virtual version of 2022 CTA Good Teaching Conference – North on the same date as the in-person event. We will post additional details regarding the virtual conference as they become available.
All registered attendees as of January 11th were sent an email regarding the transition of this conference to a virtual format.
For those not registered for the in-person conference, registration for the virtual event will be available on this page in the next few days. Please check back soon.
The CTA Good Teaching Conferences continue to support excellent teaching and learning practices for classroom teachers via peer-to-peer instruction. Offering a variety of diverse workshops focused on curriculum content areas for K-12 teachers, the conferences provide opportunities for professional development and offer time to network and share ideas with colleagues and experts in the field of education. Join us on Friday for two newly updated and timely pre-conferences.
Your experience at the Good Teaching Conference is equal parts educational and transformational. You’ll learn new skills and find solutions to real-life challenges. You’ll leave the conference feeling inspired, motivated and with a knowledge of what you need to do to be even more successful on Monday morning in your classroom.
If you have any questions, please email the conference staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DESCRIPTIONS*: Click here to see the current session descriptions.
*All program details and documents are subject to change.
Thursday, January 27
4:30 PM - 6:30 PM
CTA Member Benefits - All That Jazz (Pre-Conference Workshop)
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Expanding Teaching & Learning Opportunities (Pre-Conference Workshop)
Friday, January 28
5:00 PM - 5:30 PM
Opening Keynote Session with CTA President E. Toby Boyd
5:45 PM - 7:00 PM
Breakout Session 1
Saturday, January 29
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Keynote Session: Revisiting Our Why? with Jayson Chang
9:15 AM - 10:30 AM
Breakout Session 2
10:30 AM - 11:15 AM
Virtual Exhibits / Break
11:15 AM - 12:30 PM
Breakout Session 3
12:30 PM - 1:15 PM
Virtual Exhibits / Break
1:15 PM - 2:30 PM
Breakout Session 4
2:45 PM - 3:30 PM
CTA Caucus Meetings
Sunday, January 30
8:00 AM - 9:15 AM
Breakout Session 5
9:15 AM - 10:00 AM
Virtual Exhibits / Break
10:00 AM - 11:15 AM
Breakout Session 6
11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
Closing General Session with CTA Secretary-Treasurer Leslie Littman
Sign up for a pre-conference workshop using the registration link above!
(Virtual) IPD Pre-conference Workshop: Expanding Teaching & Learning Opportunities
- Thursday, January 27: 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Description: In these strenuous times, our students and educators need social emotional support and we have a once in a lifetime opportunity to support students and educators with unprecedented levels of funding. We want to help you develop your vision for expanding teaching and learning opportunities in your classroom, school, and district as well as looking at current funding sources and identifying strategies to advocate for that vision. You will also have an opportunity to hear from other educators who are doing incredible work around the state to inspire you on how to use these funds.
- General Sessions Include: What do We Envision for the Future? & Strategies for Bringing Your Vision to Reality
- Breakout Sessions Include: Structures and Strategies to Accelerate Student Learning; Community Schools; Understanding Students While Implementing Transformative SEL; Cross-Language Communication Tools
- Click here for more information!
(Virtual) Member Benefits Pre-conference Workshop: CTA Member Benefits – All that Jazz!
- Thursday, January 27: 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM
- Description: As an educator, you may be feeling a little overwhelmed, and learning about the value of Member Benefits may be farther down on your to-do list. We want to help! We have orchestrated a Member Benefits pre-conference composed to provide you with an opportunity to discover the many CTA and NEA Member Benefits programs designed with your best interests in mind. Learning about Student Loan Forgiveness opportunities, special savings on travel, discounts on school supplies, and how to prepare for retirement will be music to your ears. Tune into this special event that will not B-flat!
Platform Name: Webex
- We highly recommend that you download and install the Webex Meetings app in advance.
- You’ll need a device with speakers or a headphone connection.
- We recommend you use a computer rather than a mobile device to take full advantage of the Q&A and polling features.
- If you wish to share your personal pronouns, you can find instructions on how to do so in Webex on our dedicated webpage.
The Good Teaching Conference – Home Edition! will be hosted online using our Attendee Hub! On the attendee hub you can build your agenda, join all your sessions, meet with exhibitors and more! Please check back for more information and updates.
- CTA Members – Complimentary
- SCTA Members – Complimentary
East Side Teachers Association
Jayson Chang is a social justice activist high school social science educator. His interests include thematic teaching & culturally relevant pedagogy. He is active within CTA/NEA, participating in a wide range of capacities such as REAC, Instructional Leadership Corps, Institute for Teaching, and The Asian American Education Project.
Session documents will be available in the attendee hub app within each session closer to the start of the conference.
Professional Growth Hours: Professional Growth credit will be available at no cost for CTA members. Confirmation of professional growth hours will be emailed shortly after the conference.
University Credit: The 2021-2022 University Credit Program is a benefit available to members attending CTA Conferences during the 2021-2022 school year. CTA Members, through attending in-person or virtual conferences, will be given the opportunity to accumulate the professional growth hours needed to qualify for university credit units with CSU, Chico. As a benefit to members, CTA will cover the cost for up to three university credit units with CSU, Chico, normally $75/credit. The professional growth hours can be accumulated by attending conferences live and/or by watching recordings. Click here for more information on how to claim the credit.