The CTA Issues Conference: Facing Extraordinary Times Together brings together local leaders and activists to learn, discuss, and strategize so that we can organize and increase our collective voice on the state and local issues that matter most in education. The 2021 conference will take place virtually, January 14 – 17.
This year’s sessions will include hot topics and skill-building sessions that can be put to use immediately! Some highlights include:
- Maintaining Equity in Difficult Times
- Bargaining the Unknown–MOUs and Side Letters
- Educator Self-Care During COVID: Explorations in Wellness and Strengthening Immunity
- Taking Action: Contract Enforcement and Intro to Grievance Handling
- Building and Maintaining Relationships with School Board Members and Trustees
- Rights, Responsibilities and Hot Topics for ESP Union Leaders
Check back soon for more updates and registration!
If you have any questions, please email the conference staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GRID*: Coming Soon!
DESCRIPTIONS*: Coming Soon!
AGENDA-AT-A-GLANCE*: Click here to view a PDF version of the agenda.
*All program details and documents are subject to change.
Thursday, January 14
5:30 PM - 6:10 PM
Opening General Session
6:15 PM - 7:30 PM
Elective Session 1
Friday, January 15
4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
5:30 PM - 6:45 PM
Elective Session 2
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, January 16
8:30 AM - 8:35 AM
8:45 AM - 10:00 AM
Rural, Urban, ESP, and COE Breakouts
10:00 AM - 10:45 AM
10:45 AM - 12:00 PM
Elective Session 3
12:00 PM - 12:30 PM
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Sunday, January 17
8:00 AM - 9:15 AM
Elective Session 4
10:00 AM - 11:15 AM
Elective Session 5
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Closing General Session
Platform Name: Webex
- We highly recommend that you download and install the Webex Meetings app in advance.
- You’ll need a device with a microphone and speakers or a headphone connection, and ideally a camera.
- We recommend you use a computer rather than a mobile device to take full advantage of the Q&A and polling features.
The Issues Conference will be hosted online using our (New!) Attendee Hub! Each of our CTA Statewide Conferences will have a unique attendee hub website where you can build your agenda, join all your sessions, meet with exhibitors and more! Please check back for more information and updates.
- CTA Members – Complimentary
- Invited Exhibitor Page – $250 / page
- Invited Exhibitor Virtual Booth – $500 / virtual booth
University Credit:The University Credit Season Pass is a new benefit to members attending CTA Statewide Conferences. CTA Members, through attending online conferences live or through watching recordings, will be given the opportunity to accumulate the hours of professional growth needed to qualify for university credit units (15 hours per one unit) across the entire season of statewide conferences. As a benefit to members, CTA will cover the cost of enrollment with CSU Chico, normally $75/credit. The Season Pass begins with the 2020 LGBTQ+ Issues Conference and ends with the 2021 CTA Special Education Conference in April. Click here for more details on the University Credit Season Pass.
Professional Growth Hours: Professional Growth credit will be available at no cost for CTA members and will be based on the number of sessions you attend. Confirmation of professional growth hours will be emailed within two to four weeks after the conference.
The Issues Conference will host an optional social activity for you to network with fellow educators on Friday, January 15th from 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm. Please check back for more information!