The University Credit Season Pass
The University Credit Season Pass is a new benefit to members attending CTA Statewide Conferences. CTA Members, through attending online conferences live or through watching recordings, will be given the opportunity to accumulate the hours of professional growth needed to qualify for university credit units (15 hours per one unit) across the entire season of statewide conferences. As a benefit to members, CTA will cover the cost of enrollment with CSU Chico, normally $75/credit. The Season Pass begins with the 2020 LGBTQ+ Issues Conference and ends with the 2021 CTA Special Education Conference in April.
- Check with your district HR office or local chapter president to ensure that university credits can help you advance on your salary schedule.
- Register for and attend CTA statewide conferences live on the Attendee Hub or watch recordings on the CTA Virtual Pass
- Accumulate your CTA certificates of attendance issued to you at the conclusion of each conference. Additional certificates are issued at the end of each session you watch via the CTA Virtual Pass. Once you accumulate 15 hours, you may apply for university credit.
- Enroll on the CSU Chico continuing education website and upload your certificates. CSU Chico will issue a transcript at the end of each semester.
- Submit your transcript to your district.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need university credits to advance on the salary scale?
Each district has different rules. Some of them accept the certificates of Professional Growth Hours provided by CTA, while others require University Credits. For more information about your specific case, please contact your district’s human resource department, or reach out to your local chapter’s leadership.
What content qualifies for the Season Pass?
Below are the CTA statewide conferences that qualify for the University Credit Season Pass:
- 2020 LGBTQ+ Issues Conference – Home Edition! – Dec 3-5, 2020
- 2020 New Educator Weekend – Home Edition! – Dec 10-13, 2020
- 2021 Issues Conference – Home Edition! – Jan 14-17, 2021
- 2021 Good Teaching Conference – Elementary Home Edition! – Feb 4-7, 2021
- 2021 New Educator Weekend – Home Edition! – Feb 18-21, 2021
- 2021 Equity and Human Rights Conference – Home Edition! – Feb 24-27, 2021
- 2021 Good Teaching Conference – Middle & Secondary Home Edition! – Mar 11-14, 2021
- 2021 Conference on Racial and Social Justice – TBD
- 2021 Special Education Conference – Apr 30-May 2, 2021
Where can I access the content?
You can learn more and register for conferences on our main conference page. All our virtual conferences will be hosted in the Attendee Hub, where you will be able to attend the sessions live as well as watch recordings up to two weeks after the end of the conference. Two weeks after the end of the live conference, session recordings will be made available on the CTA Virtual Pass, allowing you to access recordings from conferences you did not attend live.
How do I gather my Personal Growth Hours certificates?
For live conferences taking place on the Attendee Hub, you will receive an email when the conference ends which will contain the link to download the CTA Personal Growth Hours certificate. That link remains live and the certificate updates if you connect to the Attendee Hub to watch recordings in the two weeks following the end of the conference. Download your certificate from the link sent to you after the conference. After two weeks, session recordings will become available on the CTA Virtual Pass. The certificate of attendance for each session you complete is downloadable by clicking the “Submit Credit” button in the “Credit” tab from the CTA Virtual Pass system. The button only becomes active once Members watch the full session.