AUDIENCE: Grades 6 – 12
The CTA Good Teaching Conference (GTC) – Middle & Secondary Home Edition! is a complimentary virtual conference for CTA members with a special focus this year on grades 6 – 12.
The CTA Good Teaching Conferences continue to support excellent teaching and learning practices for classroom teachers via peer-to-peer instruction. GTC offers a variety of diverse workshops focused on relevant curriculum content areas. Program highlights include:
- Thursday Opening Keynote with CTA President E. Toby Boyd
- Saturday Keynote: Pedagogy of Resilience with Dr. Salina Gray
- Explore the relationship between your stress response and personal capacity. By noticing where we are in our nervous system, we can begin to develop our resilience.
- Sunday Panel: We Rise Together: An Anti-Racism Educators Panel
- Our panel of educators will discuss the ways they are addressing racism and diversity issues across the state in their various roles.
If you have any questions, please email the conference staff at GoodTeachingConference@cta.org.
GRID*: Click here to view a PDF version of the session grid.
DESCRIPTIONS*: Click here to view a PDF version of the session descriptions.
AGENDA-AT-A-GLANCE*: Click here to view a PDF version of the agenda.
*All program details and documents are subject to change.
Thursday, March 11
4:00 PM - 4:30 PM
How to Earn University Credit for Attending the GTC
4:45 PM - 5:45 PM
Opening Keynote Session with E. Toby Boyd
Friday, March 12
4:00 PM - 5:15 PM
Breakout Session 1
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Virtual Game Night & Virtual Exhibit Booths
Saturday, March 13
8:00 AM - 8:45 AM
Pedagogy of Resilience with Salina Gray, PhD
9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
Breakout Session 2
10:15 AM - 11:00 AM
Virtual Exhibit Booths
11:00 AM - 12:15 PM
Breakout Session 3
12:15 PM - 1:00 PM
Virtual Exhibit Booths
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
CTA Caucus Meetings
Sunday, March 14
9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
Breakout Session 4
10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
We Rise Together: An Anti-Racism Educators Panel
Platform Name: Webex
- We highly recommend that you download and install the Webex Meetings app in advance.
- You’ll need a device with speakers or a headphone connection.
- We recommend you use a computer rather than a mobile device to take full advantage of the Q&A and polling features.
The Good Teaching Conference will be hosted online using our (New!) Attendee Hub! Each of our CTA Statewide Conferences will have a unique attendee hub website where you can build your agenda, join all your sessions, meet with exhibitors and more! Please check back for more information and updates.
- CTA Members – Complimentary
- Invited Exhibitor Page – $250 / page
- Invited Exhibitor Virtual Booth – $500 / virtual booth
Salina Gray, PhD
7th Grade Science Teacher
Pedagogy of Resilience: The Relationship of our Stress Response and Personal Capacity. As we develop our resilience, we increase our capacity to enact change.
We Rise Together
An Anti-Racism Educators Panel
Listen to our panel of educators discuss ways they are addressing racism and diversity issues across the state in their various roles.
- GTC – Middle & Secondary Home Edition! Agenda
- GTC – Middle & Secondary Home Edition! Session Grid
- GTC – Middle & Secondary Home Edition! Session Descriptions
Session documents will be available in the virtual attendee hub within each session closer to the start of the conference.
University Credit: The University Credit Season Pass is a new benefit to members attending CTA Statewide Conferences. CTA Members, through attending online conferences live or through watching recordings, will be given the opportunity to accumulate the hours of professional growth needed to qualify for university credit units (15 hours per one unit) across the entire season of statewide conferences. As a benefit to members, CTA will cover the cost of enrollment with CSU Chico, normally $75/credit.
Click here for more details on the University Credit Season Pass.
Professional Growth Hours: Professional Growth credit will be available at no cost for CTA members and will be based on the number of sessions you attend. Confirmation of professional growth hours will be emailed within two to four weeks after the conference.
The Good Teaching Conference will host an optional virtual game night for you to network with fellow educators on Friday, March 12th from 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm. Please check back for more information!