A hashtag is a way to categorize a tweet and broaden the tweet’s audience. You can use a CTA-related hashtag or jump on a national conversation – whether it’s about education, or your favorite TV show!
Tips for a great hashtag:
- Make it memorable
- Short and to the point – you only have 280 characters after all!
- Do your research – is anyone else already using the hashtag on Twitter or Instagram?
- What is your goal? Decide if you want to jump on a hashtag already in use or create your own.
- Jumping on an already-created hashtag will increase the reach of your tweet – more people will see it.
- Creating your own hashtag is a good way to find your content easily, but you’ll have to promote it if you want it to catch on.
Regional Press on Twitter
- How to Make a Rockstar Twitter Bio
- Twitter Bios and What They Really Say
- How Sharing on Social Media Helped Me Become a Better Educator
- Do’s and Don’ts for Teachers & Social Media
- Social Media & Legal Info
- Social Media in the Classroom
- Teachers Guide to Social Media in the Classroom
- CTA’s IPD Technology Resources
- Lesson Plans on Digital Citizenship & Tech
- Social Media Stats & Info
- Digital Citizenship: Resource Roundup
- Using Twitter to Build Your PLN
- 10 Ways to Use Instagram in the Classroom
- How Students Benefit from Social Media