Celebrating True Friends of Public Education
The CTA State Gold Awards recognize individuals or organizations whose leadership and actions show they are true friends of public education.
Do you know a person or business in your community that should be recognized for supporting public education? Does your local chapter or Service Center Council have a program in place to honor them? If not, create your own local or regional Gold Awards and say thank you to our supporters!
Vicki Soderberg, Capistrano Unified Education Association
The CTA State Gold Award(s) may be bestowed upon any person(s) or organization(s) whose leadership, acts, and support have had a positive regional or local impact on public education.
- Person(s) or Organization(s) from a Business
- Person(s) or Organization(s) from a Non-Profit or Community Organization
- Supporting materials should indicate how the nominee’s program and/or leadership made a regional or local impact on public education.
- The recipient of this award must make an impact in California that extends beyond the local level.
- Individual nominees may be a public official or private citizen.
- The nominee does not have to reside in California.
- Any CTA member may place a name(s) in nomination.
- Nomination form templates will be prepared by the CTA Communications Department.
- Completed nomination forms and all supporting materials must be received by the application deadline.
- The Communications Committee of CTA’s State Council of Education shall review the nominations and forward its recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- The Board shall select a State Gold Awardee(s), if any, from the recommendations of the Communications Committee.
- CTA’s publication shall publicize the achievements of the winner(s).
- The State Gold Award(s) may be presented at a General Session of State Council.
- Only one State Gold Award will be awarded for each category