The CTA/NEA-Retired Pedretti Credential Candidate Scholarship was established in July of 2021 through a generous donation by CTA/NEA-Retired member, Gloria Pedretti. This scholarship is to provide financial aid to students pursuing a Pre-K through 12th grade teaching credential through an accredited institution of higher education. This scholarship is dedicated to CTA/NEA-Retired member Gloria Pedretti’s former students.
In addition to the application, applicants must submit an application statement. In 1,000 words or fewer, please explain:
- how this scholarship will support your professional/career goals;
- how you plan to complete the program of study you are undertaking;
- your personal attributes and unique qualities that will help you succeed in the profession;
- if applicable, any personal experience which influenced you in pursuing this career path;
- include how your past experiences and future goals align with CTA’s Mission Statement.
CTA’s Mission Statement
The California Teachers Association exists to protect and promote the well-being of its members; to improve the conditions of teaching and learning; to advance the cause of free, universal, and quality public education; to ensure that the human dignity and civil rights of all children and youth are protected; and to secure a more just, equitable, and democratic society.