The LGBTQ+ Safety in Schools Grant and Scholarship Program in Honor of Guy DeRosa was created to promote human and civil rights by making our public schools safe for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning+ persons. The program was renamed in 2009 in the memory of CTA member and educator Guy DeRosa. Guy was a lifelong advocate for civil and human rights and LGBTQ+ issues.
Up to $2,500
Grant and Scholarship Requirements
Applications that do not meet all requirements listed below will not be considered.
- Applicants must submit a complete application.
- Grant proposals and scholarship essays must be:
- Limited to three pages only
- On 8 ½” x 11″ paper size
- 1″ margins
- 12 pt. Font (Times New Roman)
- Applicants may choose to upload grant proposals or scholarship essays or type them directly into the text box provided.
- Grant proposals must include a budget to be considered. Submission of a budget allows the committee to understand the allocation of the requested funding.
- Optional: You may include a short video, PowerPoint or pictures that must be sent separately to Annette Barroso at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grant and scholarship applicants will be notified by the end of July 2021.
- Recipients will be asked to submit a status report as well as pictures or videos of their events.