CTA is committed to ensuring the health and safety of its members and the students they serve, and will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and provide updates as they become available. Please remember to check back frequently for the latest information.
Latest News & Notifications
- CTA letter to California congressional delegation supporting additional legislation for COVID-19, April 14, 2020
- Gov. Newsom announces deal to expand student loan relief, April 23, 2020
- Gov. Newsom empowers schools to focus on COVID-19 response; extends LCAP deadlines, April 24, 2020
- CTA President E. Toby Boyd appointed to Gov. Newsom’s Recovery Task Force, April 17, 2020
- California Department of Education COVID-19 page, frequently updated
- New custom Zoom & WebEx backgrounds for educators
CTA President E. Toby Boyd thanks members for their dedication to their students and their continued hard work during this time:
TAKE ACTION! While Congress has allotted various rounds of COVID-19 stimulus, it has yet to fund states and local governments at levels needed to avoid crippling public services and layoffs of essential workers. Tell Congress that you support the $175 billion for the Education Stabilization Fund to distribute to states:
Be sure to join our Facebook group CTA Teaching, Learning and Life During COVID-19, a space to support each other and our students, and to share resources, ideas, feelings, stories, laughs and memes.
We are trying to answer questions that come through social media, email and other means. But please note that your best resource for assistance with local issues regarding district directives, leave questions, etc. is your local CTA chapter and CTA primary contact staff.
Here are answers to some of the more frequent questions we’ve been receiving.