Improve your practice as an educator and create better outcomes for your students. CTA Instruction and Professional Development is offering CTA/NEA micro-certifications free to members on a variety of high-interest topics.
Micro-certifications are a digital form of certification indicating demonstrated competency/mastery in a specific skill or set of skills. They’re short, job-embedded professional learning opportunities designed by educators for educators, which can be completed individually at your own pace or as part of a learning community. CTA/NEA micro-certifications are:
- Personalized: You can create your own learning journey, based on your interests and career goals, gaps in your skills, and the specific needs of your students, school and district.
- Flexible: You can study when it’s convenient for you, alone or with your peers.
- Performance-based: Unlike “sit-and-get” certifications, our micro-certifications are awarded based on demonstrated mastery of the subject matter, not just for showing up.
CTA/NEA currently features nine micro-certification stacks (curated collections of related micro-certifications):
- Assessment literacy
- Teacher leadership: diversity, equity and cultural competence pathway
- English learners
- Arts integration
- Classroom management
- Five core propositions (related to National Board Certification)
- Exceptional learner
- Supporting LGBTQ+ students
- Technology integration
Check it out: Go to cta.org/cta-nea-micro-certifications for details, including specific micro-certifications, continuing education credits available, a recent training, and other important information. Then create an account, browse the offerings, enroll, and you’re on your way!