CTA State Council
IPD builds the capacity of CTA members, staff and departments and strengthens the education profession through professional development and training opportunities.
IPD offers conferences, webinars and trainings for CTA members on a variety of topics.
IPD Inclusion Pre-Conference (Prior to the Good Teaching Conference)
The Art of Inclusion: Inclusive Practices, IEP Rights and Responsibilities, and Supporting Our Most At-Risk Student Population.
Member: $25, Student CTA: $5, Non-member: $75
Currently in the state of California, many school districts are moving to an “inclusion” model in the general education classroom. This means that many of our general education teachers are working with an increased number of students with IEPs. This one day Pre-conference will address:
- IEP rights and responsibilities of general and special education teachers and education support professionals
- Inclusive instructional and behavioral practices at the elementary and secondary level
- Understanding the universal tools, designated supports, and accommodations of the Smarter Balanced Assessment
Resources for leaders and educators
IPD offers videos, books, handouts, guidance, planning tools and lesson plans for educators.
Educator Resources | IPD Leader Resources
Training Materials and Recorded Webinars
- Special Education Resources Guide
- Students With Disabilities Assessment Guide
- The Basics of Universal Design for Learning
- Positive Behavioral Interventions
- IEP Rights and Responsibilities *coming soon!
Stay connected to IPD on social media: Pinterest