The CTA Scholarship Program offers educational scholarships for:
- Members (a maximum of five scholarships up to $3,000)
- Dependent children of members (a maximum of 34 scholarships up to $5,000)
- A dependent child attending a continuation high school or alternative education program (one scholarship up to
$5,000 in honor of Del A. Weber)
- Student CTA members (a maximum of three scholarships up to $5,000 in honor of L. Gordon Bittle)
Application deadline is Jan. 29, 2021. Go to cta.org/scholarships for details.
The Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Scholarship Program offers educational scholarships up to $6,000 to CTA and CTA/NEA-Retired members, their dependents, and Student CTA members who are persons of color. Applicants must also be pursuing a degree, credential or certification for a teaching-related career in public education, and enrolled for summer or fall 2021.
Application deadline is Feb. 12, 2021. Go to cta.org/mlk-scholarship for details.
CTA Awards: Nominations Are Open!
Multiple opportunities abound to recognize your colleagues for their great work in an extraordinary year.
2021 Paula J. Monroe CTA ESP of the Year: For an education support professional whose work reflects the contributions of ESPs to public education. Any CTA member may nominate a CTA ESP member; go to cta.org/esp for details.
Nomination deadline is Jan. 8, 2021.
2021 CTA Human Rights Awards: Awarded annually to CTA chapters, Service Center Councils, and members in the following categories:
- American Indian/Alaska Native Human Rights Award in Honor of Jim Clark
- César Chávez “Sí Se Puede” Human Rights Award
- CTA Member Human Rights Award
- CTA Peace and Justice Human Rights Award
- African American Human Rights Award in Honor of Lois Tinson
- Human Rights Award for LGBTQ+ Advocacy in Honor of Nancy Bailey
- Pacific Asian American Human Rights Award
- Students with Exceptional Needs Human Rights Award
- Human Rights Award for Women’s Advocacy
Go to cta.org/humanrightsawards for more information and for the nomination form. Nomination deadline is Jan. 11, 2021.
Featured image: Giorgio Trovato/Unsplash