The Community College Association (CCA) announced its 2021 award winners on Saturday, April 24, at the virtual Spring Conference. Awards were presented in four categories:
The WHO (We Honor Ours) Awards honor CCA members or CTA staff persons who have made significant contributions to their local faculty association or college (chapter awards) or at the state level (state awards).
CCA Membership awards
The Faculty Equity and Diversity Awards:
- The LGBT Award in honor of David A. Sanchez, for faculty who support, promote and educate community college family about LGBT issues.
- The Ethnic Minority Award in honor of Mary Ann Pacheco, for faculty who promote equal access and treatment of minorities on campus.
- The Part-Time Faculty Award in honor of David B. Milroy, for faculty who work to improve working conditions for part-time faculty.
The Advocacy Award in honor of John Martin goes to a CCA member who supports, promotes and educates our community regarding the importance of unionization and its continued growth.
The 2021 Local WHO Award winners:
- Carlene Coury, Napa Valley College Faculty Association
- Casey Schurig, Shasta College Faculty Association
- Cody Dolnick, Southwestern College Educ. Association
- Diana Valladares, Rio Hondo College Faculty Association
- Sean Dinces, Long Beach City College Faculty Association
- Jan Muto, Riverside CCDFA
- Jennifer Kattman, Sierra College Faculty Association
- Joe Henderson, Imperial Valley College Part-time Faculty Association
- John Sullivan, San Bernardino CCDTA
- Lukas (Luke) Gunderson, Chaffey College FA
- Stuart Campbell, Mendocino Part-time Faculty Association
- Tamra Horton, Mt. San Antonio College Faculty Association
- Wendy Brill-Wynkoop, College of the Canyons Faculty Association
The 2021 State WHO Award winner
- Wendy Brill-Wynkoop
2021 Membership Awards
Chapter with the Most Total Non-Member Conversions to Member – Rio Hondo College Faculty Association
Chapter with the Most Part-Time Faculty Non-Member Conversions to Member – Rio Hondo College Faculty Association
Chapter with the Most Full-Time Faculty Non-Member Conversions to Member – TIE:
- South Orange County Community College District Faculty Association
- United Faculty North Orange County Community College District
Chapter with the Largest Increase in Full-Time Members – United Faculty of North Orange County Community College District
Chapter with the Largest Increase in Part-Time Members – Riverside Community College District Faculty Association
Chapter with the Largest Percentage Increase of Full-Time Members – Lake Tahoe Community College Faculty Association
Chapter with the Largest Percentage Increase of Part-Time members – Barstow College Faculty Association
Chapter with the Largest Overall Percentage Increase of Members – Barstow College Faculty Association
2021 CCA Diversity Awards
- CCA Ethnic Minority Award in Honor of Mary Ann Pacheco: Diana Ogimachi, Long Beach City College Faculty Association
- CCA LGBT Award in Honor of David A. Sanchez: Lisa Macafee, United Faculty North Orange Co. CCD
- CCA Part-Time Faculty Award in Honor of David B. Milroy: Joe Farrelly, Sierra College Faculty Association