Making wellness an integral part of our lifestyle — particularly in the face of ongoing stress, uncertainty and challenges — is an active process, one we must choose every day. Our mental, physical, emotional and spiritual health is essential to being our best selves, leading to balance in our lives, a sense of well-being, and positive interactions with others.
You can’t do it alone! Friends, family and colleagues can help, of course. For educators, formal structures and support systems at schools and among peers can be enormously beneficial. In this special section, you’ll find some of these programs described, as well as tools and tips, many from fellow educators, on how you can achieve and sustain lasting, optimal wellness.
- Back on track – expert tips on creating a stronger, healthier you
- Compassion fatigue – setting up a structure and systems to help individuals
- SEL for you, too – Social-emotional learning for educators
FOR YOUR STUDENTS
- Movement matters – PE teachers’ plans to get students into tip-top shape
- Conditions to thrive – School counselors, educators on easing kids back into routine
FOR YOUR SCHOOL COMMUNITY
- Reimagining schools with equity at the center