Please note the following:
- There is no compensation for presenting a workshop.
- Travel and lodging expenses are reimbursed (details below).
- Each conference will allow you to submit up to 3 presentation applications within the same registration. If you wish to apply for more than 3 presentation ideas within a conference, you will need to register multiple times using a different email.
- For GTC and NEW, you may apply for one or both of the conference dates in the same conference application. To apply for both GTC and NEW, please complete each separate application linked below.
Current Open Applications:
- 2022 Special Education Conference
- Conference Dates: September 30-October 2, 2022
- Conference Location: Burlingame, CA
- Application Deadline: Monday, February 28, 2022
- Application: Click here to learn more and apply.
More presenter applications coming soon…
Presenter Travel & Reimbursement Policies
CTA will reimburse travel and necessary lodging expenses as well as Saturday dinner for ONE presenter per workshop. A second presenter may request reimbursement only if it has been approved by CTA before the conference.
- Hotel Accommodation: CTA will reimburse for one night’s accommodation at the CTA group rate. CTA will reimburse you for one night’s stay if you are presenting on one day, even if you are presenting two
sessions on Saturday. You may only stay two nights if you are presenting on both Saturday and Sunday. You may stay either Friday night or Saturday night – the choice is yours.
- Travel: Reimbursement is based on the most economical method of transportation whether it be by plane or automobile. For instance, if it costs $300 to fly round-trip and $400 to drive, CTA will reimburse you $300.
- Airfare – If you fly, coach round-trip airfare must be purchased at least 21 days in advance.
- Automobile Mileage – Mileage will be reimbursed at the IRS rate of reimbursement per mile, not to exceed the cost of the most economical coach airfare. Currently the IRS rate is 56 cents per mile.
CTA will NOT reimburse for rental cars.
- Parking – CTA will reimburse for self-parking at the conference hotel with a receipt. CTA will NOT reimburse for valet parking.
- Meals: Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast, Saturday lunch and Sunday brunch will be provided at the conference. Since dinner is not provided on Saturday night, presenters are allowed a $35.00 meal reimbursement with an itemized receipt to cover the cost of that meal.
If you are selected, you will receive a presenter reimbursement form that you can complete and submit at the conference or send it to the Conference Coordination Center at the conclusion of the conference.