The Human Rights Awards are given annually to CTA members, chapters and service center councils to celebrate the diversity of racial equity and social justice work that CTA members create, challenge and participate in.
Human Rights Awards are given annually to CTA Chapters, Service Center Councils, and Members in the following categories:
CTA Chapter/Service Center Council Categories
- CTA Chapter Human Rights Award*
- CTA Service Center Council Human Rights Awards*
*Nominations must be made in the name of the Chapter and/or Service Center Council only
Individual Member Award Categories
- American Indian/Alaska Native Human Rights Award in Honor of Jim Clark
- César Chávez “Si Se Puede” Human Rights Award
- CTA Member Human Rights Award
- CTA Peace and Justice Human Rights Award
- African American Human Rights Award in Honor of Lois Tinson
- Human Rights Award for LGBTQ+ Advocacy in Honor of Nancy Bailey
- Pacific Asian American Human Rights Award
- Students with Exceptional Needs Human Rights Award
- Human Rights Award for Women’s Advocacy
- Nominations must be submitted online.
- For tips and suggestions on how to write a nomination click here
- Any active CTA Member, Chapter, Caucus or Service Center Council may submit nominations. Nominees must be an active CTA member. Membership of all individual nominees will be verified by CTA.
- The nomination form must be complete. Only one nomination is to be submitted on each form with the criteria clearly indicated.
- Only completed forms submitted online by this date will be accepted for consideration. Nominations submitted after this date will not be considered.
- The CTA Human Rights Awards Selection Committee will screen the nominations and forward to the CTA Board of Directors for approval. Award recipients will be notified by mail and recognized at the CTA Equity and Human Rights Conference.
If you have any questions, please call the CTA Human Rights Department at 650-552-5313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org