TAKE ACTION: Help Win Passage of CTA's Mandatory Kindergarten Bill
CTA believes in providing students with a quality education beginning the very moment they get to our schools. Mandatory kindergarten before first grade will help build the critical skills for student success.
CTA is sponsoring AB 1444 (Buchanan/Weber) because kindergarten provides students with that much-needed, early learning that prepares them to succeed throughout their academic careers. Studies show students from lower socio-economic circumstances do better when they attend kindergarten.
AB 1444 is CTA's only sponsored bill for 2014, and is scheduled for a hearing this Wednesday, June 18, in the Senate Education Committee. Please call your State Senator immediately at her/his office in your legislative district to vote for CTA-Sponsored AB 1444 and
urge them to pass the bill that would require completion of kindergarten as a
prerequisite to first-grade enrollment.
Your calls between now and
Wednesday can make the difference!
- Senator Carol Liu (Chair) (D), Senate District 25, 916-651-4025
- Senator Mark Wyland (Vice Chair) (R), Senate District
- Senator Marty Block (D), Senate District 39, 916-651-4039
- Senator Lou Correa (D), Senate District 34, 916-651-4034
- Senator Loni Hancock (D), Senate District 9, 916-651-4009
- Senator Bob Huff (R), Senate District 29, 916-651-4029
- Senator Bill Monning (D), Senate District
for more information.