Come with questions, leave with answers!
No matter the topic or the grade configuration of your school or your role, you’ll find outstanding workshops at CTA’s conferences. Go to www.cta.org/conferences for details on summer offerings.
CTA’s Summer Institute is Aug. 3-7 at UCLA
Summer Institute offers nine strands with tracks of instruction that span the entire week (Sunday to Thursday) and two that are two and a half days. Sessions include Communications, Instruction and Professional Development (IPD), Emerging Leaders, Bargaining, School Finance, Health and Welfare Issues, Legal Issues, and Member Benefits.
The IPD Strand: Focus on Common Core
District administrators, curriculum coordinators and other educators are invited to attend the IPD Strand, which centers on the implementation of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and the accompanying new state assessment system, California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
• Find new ideas to enhance instructional strategies for the CCSS.
• Distinguish the difference between coherence in standards and instruction.
• Examine the six item types that will be used to measure the CCSS.
• Learn about Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT) for interim and summative assessments.
• Learn how to use formative assessments for student learning.
Keynote speakers and topics include:
• Dr. Bobb Darnell, Achievement Strategies — “Match Curriculum to the Common Core State Standards.”
• Cathleen Richardson, Apple Distinguished Educator — “Technology to Support Curriculum and Instruction.”
• Dr. W. James Popham, Technical Advisory Committee, Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium — “Smarter Balanced Assessment and Formative Assessment for Instruction.”
Selected sessions will be simulcast live on the Web and archived at www.cta.org/ipd.
Back to Main Page