Area served: Statewide
Contact: Robin Kisinger
9246 Lightwave Ave., Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92123
Description of Organization:
- Focus is on least served students. AVID students are usually the first in their family to attend college.
- AVID is an integral piece of the overall school plan. AVID Teams of teachers, administrators, parents, tutors and students work to develop an AVID site plan.
- AVID site team is expected to attend AVID’s summer Institute and to meet monthly as a Professional Learning community.
- 88% of AVID graduates completed the UC/CSU “A-G” course requirements. 74% of the 2007 senior class was represented by Hispanic, African American, Native American and multi-racial students.
- 1,516 schools grades 4-12
Description of Products and Services Available to Schools:
The AVID program offers the following:
- curriculum resources and training
- certification process with three levels of implementation
- quality assurances
- funding support
- professional development
- data analysis and reporting
- technology-based support
- student results
- implementation support from AVID Center
- Access to AVID models and trademarks
- Access to AVID research
Read full description