Human Resources Management is responsible for the conduct of all phases of the employer-employee relationship between CTA as an employer and its staff. Specifically, the department performs the following functions:
- Coordinates implementation of staff collective bargaining agreements, policies governing non-bargaining unit staff, and staff grievance procedures.
- Conducts new employee orientations, staff recruitment, screening, and hiring.
- Coordinates staff training programs and the CTA Diversity Program, a workshop for members who want to become UniServ staff, and the implementation of the NEA UniServ Pre-Employment Development Program.
- Implements staff recognition and staff compensation programs, and CTA’s Safety Programs which include: Injury and Illness Prevention Program, CTA Ergonomic Program, Workplace Violence Prevention Program, Hazard Communication Program and CTA’s Emergency Action Plan.
- Liaison with the Health & Welfare Benefits Trust regarding administration of staff benefits, and to the CTA Employees’ Retirement Benefits Trust.
- Provides Human Resources services to affiliates that employ staff and provides communications and data collection and dissemination relative to personnel, labor relations and staffing matters.
- Represents CTA to governmental agencies concerned with Employer-Employee Relations.
- Responsible for Code of Ethics.
Provide training opportunities for all levels of staff in a variety of areas in order to improve skills and promote professional and personal growth and provide funds to conduct training for CTA UniServ units and chapters that employ their own staff.
RECOGNITION AND RECRUITMENT 2.0
Provide awards and recognition of staff for length of service and provide funds to advertise vacant positions, utilize placement/recruitment agencies and conduct other recruitment activities in support of CTA's staffing requirements.