Ratified the following candidate recommendations:
- California Public Employees Retirement System 2014 Member At-Large
- AD 52 candidate recommendation for the July 23, 2013 Special Primary Election
- AD 45 and SD 26 candidate recommendations for the September 17, 2013 Special Primary Election
- AD 45 candidate recommendation for the November 19, 2013 special general election
Voted on the following:
- AD 16 and AD 70 candidate recommendations for the June 3, 2014 primary election.
- Constitutional Officer and Legislative Incumbent Tier 1, 2 & 3 recommendations for the June 3, 2014 primary election.
- NEA President and Vice President candidate recommendations.
The following presentations were be featured on Saturday:
- Human Rights Awards
- Cesar Chavez Awards
- GLBT “Guy De Rosa” Scholarship Awards
- American Indian/Alaska Native Caucus Observance
- Breast Cancer Awareness
Council members received updates on the following:
- Teacher Evaluation Workgroup
- CTA’s Long Term Strategic Planning
The following hearings were held on Saturday:
- Representation Committee hearings on proposed CTA Board Redistricting changes from 8:45 a.m.-9:45 a.m. and 15 minutes after the close of the First General Session for one-hour in the Santa Monica C room.
- Budget Hearing from 3:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. in the Los Feliz room.
Information on New Business Items (NBIs):
- NBIs can now be filed electronically by clicking on the following link: https://nbi.cta.org.
- NBIs can also be submitted through the CTA Go! App by clicking on the “Submit NBI” icon.
- NBIs were filed starting at 5:00 p.m., Friday, October 25, 2013.
- Paper submissions were accepted during the transition.
- The deadline for submitting NBIs was Saturday, October 26, 2013, prior to 12:30 p.m.