Administration Budget 2013-14: $2,434,267
Central Services produces materials, maintains facilities and provides general office support for CTA departments and programs:
- In Office Services, graphics staff design, develop, and assist others in the creation of eye-catching document covers, posters, printed media ads, flyers, pamphlets and other items for use at CTA leadership meetings, conferences, training programs, in the print media, and elsewhere.
- Using state-of-the-art digital presses to generate quality color work, high speed copiers to make millions of black and white impressions and off-set presses to produce letterhead, stationery and envelopes. Staff in the copy centers and print shop provide printed material for CTA departments, Service Center Councils, UniServ units and chapters.
- Bindery staff receive and process incoming mail, greet visitors and route calls from the switchboard. They use equipment to finish, fold, sort, bind, staple and turn printed material into completed products which are then processed to be mailed, shipped or delivered wherever needed. They also maintain and scrub mailing lists, and presort mail when possible to reduce postage costs.
- Records Center staff store and catalogue the Association’s historical records and maintain the on-site and off-site storage facility.
- The Property Management department, on a statewide basis, oversees the maintenance of CTA owned property and buildings, handles tenant relations, coordinates construction projects, searches for new properties, makes recommendations for the sales of property when appropriate and manages the off-site storage facility.
- Building Services handles maintenance and repair projects at the Headquarters facility and skilled staff from this department are deployed to other CTA offices as well. They also store CTA branded forms, envelopes, and stationery, and coordinate receipt of office supplies from the Association’s primary vendor, and handle internal distribution of these items.