Accounting provides for the recording, maintenance, and analysis of financial and membership data. Major functions provided are:
- Processing, verification, recording, and monitoring of all receipts and disbursements in compliance with CTA policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Preparation of financial statements and reports for Association members, staff, external auditors, and other entities as required.
- Coordination with other departments and affiliates in the collection of data and information pertinent to the operation and program development of the Association.
- Reports and filings required by regulatory agencies.
- Budget monitoring in accordance with Association guidelines and procedures.
- Recordkeeping and reporting in compliance with legal requirements for agency fee.
- Training sessions for affiliate financial representatives and staff in the areas of membership processing, general accounting, and other financial areas.
- Development, maintenance and analysis of the CTA membership database and connected systems that support the programs and services of the Association.
- Identify opportunities and implement processes to provide member information via the web.
- Implement systems and processes that provide efficiencies and make better use of the Association’s assets.
Prepare and distribute an accounting manual to assist Treasurers of affiliated organizations and conduct financial training to provide fiduciary guidelines to local leaders.
AGENCY FEE REQUIREMENTS 2.0
Provide agency fee notices to all agency fee payers in accordance with legal requirements, maintain agency fee time reporting, and provide locals assistance in complying with agency fee requirements include training to a cadre of CPA’s on agency fee procedures and requirements.
SPECIALIZED FINANCIAL PROGRAMS 3.0
Enhance and maintain accounting applications with emphasis on increasing process efficiency.