10. Keep an open mind. There are always two sides to most issues.
9. Listen, listen, listen.
8. Bad news doesn’t improve with age…so it’s always best to deal with issues as they arise.
7. Look for the best in people.
6. Flexibility is critical to moving forward.
5. Always keep your values and a sense a humor intact.
4. Passion is important. People can learn skills, but it is hard to teach them passion.
3. Integrity is critical.
2. Teams win, not individuals. We are all in this together.
And the number one learning: Even when faced with seemingly impossible odds, it is important to take a deep breath and say, “This is doable. We can do this!”