College coursework should demonstrate high academic achievement. Explain any unique circumstance related to medical, physical or emotional difficulties which may have affected your grades.
Note: ESP applicants refer to the applicant’s statement directions (page 3 of application).
Evaluation of Applications
Scholarships are awarded based on:
School and Community Activities
Letter of Recommendation #1
Letter of Recommendation #2
Letters of recommendation must separately address each of the following categories:
- Involvement in and sensitivity to human, social and civic issues that reflect responsibility, reliability and integrity;
- Educational and personal achievements that reflect academic and/or vocational potential.
CTA receives approximately 75 -100 applications in this category annually. A maximum of five (5) scholarships of up to $3,000 are awarded.
Scholarship applicants are notified by mail in May. In order to receive funds, scholarship recipients will be required to submit proof of registration for the summer or fall 2014 semester/quarter as:
- A full-time student in an accredited institution of higher learning; or
- Registered in an approved credential or degree program in an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Registered in an approved technical training or certificate program if the applicant is an ESP member.
Scholarship funds must be used for education-related expenses only.