High school grade point average should reflect a high unweighted average. College coursework should reflect high academic achievement. Explain any unique circumstance related to medical, physical or emotional difficulties that may have affected your grades.
Evaluation of Applications
|School and Community Activities
|Letter of Recommendation #1
|Letter of Recommendation #2
Letters of recommendation must separately address each of the following categories:
- Involvement in and sensitivity to human, social and civic issues that reflect responsibility, reliability and integrity.
- Educational and personal achievements that reflect academic and vocational potential.
CTA receives approximately 400 – 600 applications in this category annually. A maximum of thirty-four
(34) scholarships of up to $5,000 are awarded.
- The Ralph J. Flynn Memorial Fund provides the scholarship for the highest scoring applicant.
Scholarship applicants are notified by mail in May. In order to receive funds, scholarship recipients will
be required to submit proof of registration for the summer or fall 2014 semester/quarter as:
A full-time student in an accredited institution of higher learning; or
- Registered in an approved credential or degree program in an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Scholarship funds must be used for education-related expenses only.